Friday, July 20, 2018

Trip to California!

The day after school got out the kids and I loaded up the van and headed to California. Steve had to go to Michigan for a Synod meeting so we decided to go on an adventure
 
We made it to our first stop, lunch at a rest stop. I took like 45 minutes to get them to eat and go to the bathroom. That was the last time we stopped to eat :). From then on we ate in the car and only stopped to get gas and use the restroom!

We picked up pizza by our hotel and ate it in our room

So that we could quickly get to the pool! These kids were such troopers. We drove 9 1/2 hours the first day so they we ready to get some energy out in the pool!



All ready for bed in the hotel

 
My bed buddy

The kids loved getting to picked what they wanted for breakfast at the hotel!

Back on the road. Traveling is so tiring! :)

We found Grandpa!!

We picked up breakfast and brought it to my grandparents and ate with them on their patio.

Not far from my parents' house is a park with a pond. It was so fun to get to meet their cousins there and look for turtles

We spent a lot of time in the pool

David "helping" Grandpa switch out a ceiling fan

These two had so much fun together (my sister and her husband had to go out of town for a wedding, so my mom was also watching my two nephews so my kids got lots of fun cousin time!)

Oh how they love jumping in the pool!




I just love her face in this pictures :)

She thoroughly enjoyed her cupcake :)

It was so fun to really have nothing to do but hang out with my kids

A girl after my own heart

Anna with my grandma (who she is named after)

My dad took us out on his boat one afternoon


Micah braved the inner tube

It was pretty hot, so we had to jump in the water every so often

Which of course was the boys favorite part :)




They loved all fitting at the counter

It was so great to get to see my grandparents

Playing some Sequence while the older boys were at VBS

They loved the mornings when the boys were gone
 
And the boys loved VBS!!

On the road again! This was when we made it to our hotel. We drove 11 1/2 hours that first day! (My kids are rock stars at traveling!!)

More pool time


So excited to find Daddy!!

We got home, unpacked the van, and then Micah and I headed to the eye doctor to pick up his new glasses. He had told me he thought he needed glasses. I just figured a girl in his class had recently gotten glasses and he thought it was cool. Turns out, he really did need glasses :).

Helping me make a pie for Steve for Father's Day

Anna "making Mommy pretty"

Steve with his kids on Father's Day! So thankful for a wonderful father for my children!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment