Thursday, October 30, 2014

Life with the Bussis'- 10.30.14

Okay, life has been pretty busy around here and my computer was giving me trouble, thus the late blog :).  But I finally got my pictures to upload so here we go:

Last week the lady who normally watches the twins while I take Micah to Preschool Story Time at the library was gone, so the twins got to go as well.  They were really good for 2 year olds.  

They even got to make shark hats.   

It was so nice outside that they got to play on the playground afterwards 

Micah trying out the new rack he got from his Grandma Bussis


Steve ended up getting the stomach bug that the rest of us had in California.  We were supposed to have a birthday party for the twins at our house on Saturday, but we didn't want to take a chance that the bug was lingering around our house and would get our guests sick, so we moved the party to Steve's parents house.  Here we are on our way to the party, Micah looked more excited than the twins :)

We had a train theme for the party

David was a little unsure about all the presents

Micah was very ready to "help" his brothers open their presents

As was their cousin Bentley

Time for blowing out candles

It was very hard to keep Micah from blowing them out

Jonathan trying

David trying

We finally did just let Micah blow them out instead of the twins spitting all over the cake :)

The boys wanted to eat the trains on top of the cake.  Jonathan insisted on keeping this bow on his head the entire night :)

I think all the boys except Micah finished off their train

After cake Micah and Bentley decorated pumpkin cookies


The twins got more train sets for their birthday.  I think Steve was just excited about them (if not more :)).  As soon as they boys went to bed that night he pulled out the train pieces and set it up.  They had lots of fun Sunday (and every day since) playing with it


Monday Steve and I had dentist and eye doctor appointments.  Our dentist and eye doctor are in the same parking lot and are about a half hour away from us, so we made a half day out of going to our appointments while a lady from church watched our boys.  We went to lunch afterwards at Wolfies, a local sandwich shop and as we were pulling into the parking lot I noticed a sign out front that said "Pastors eat for free today at Wolfies!"  Score!  It was for pastor appreciation month (don't forget to let your pastors know they are appreciated!) and we just happen to come on the day they decided to treat pastors.  And they also treated Pastor's Wives!  So not only did we get to enjoy a nice lunch with just the two of us, it was free!
Then at night I experienced my first time being left as a pastor's wife :).  We went to a dinner at night for Westminster Seminary, the seminary Steve went to in California.  As we were pulling in the driveway for the restaurant Steve got a phone call letting him know that a lady from church who had been in the hospital had taken a turn for the worse and the doctors said she only had a couple of hours to live.  So I went into the dinner and Steve left to go to the hospital to minister to the family.  Don't worry, he did remember to come back to get me.  We even saved him a dinner.  
The lady who passed away was one of our organists and had become a dear friend of mine.  She was such a sweet lady and so willing to serve however she was needed.  I loved playing organ/piano duets with her because she always wanted to try the challenging ones. :)  It was her goal to play "The Hallelujah Chorus" as a duet and I'm so thankful we were able to do it.  I'm really going to miss her!  I have to play for her funeral tomorrow and I really hope I can do it without crying (I've had a hard time making it through practicing without tears coming) as it's kind of hard to play when you can't see the music :).  I am so thankful for the hope we have in Christ and that we will one day be united again with our brothers and sisters in Christ!

Tuesday after Bible Study we had to go to the grocery store.  I decided to just do it at the grocery store by the church where I go to Bible Study.  The twins were incredibly happy with the carts they have at this grocery store.  And...they got popcorn!  Not sure they will be happy with our usual grocery store :)

Breakfast time for the boys!  They really are good eaters which is wonderful!  They both seriously eat more than Micah :)  He better watch out, they're going to catch up to him in size soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment