Friday, October 31, 2014

Fun Food Friday- Apple Dip

One of the great things about Fall in Michigan is the awesome apples we get to enjoy.  Until I moved to Michigan I had no idea there were so many different kinds of apples.  We moved to Michigan 5 years ago this month and it took a couple of weeks for our stuff to arrive so we stayed with Steve's parents those weeks.  His mom made this dip to go with our delicious apples and it has been my favorite ever since.  It actually don't have any caramel in it even though it tastes like a caramel dip.  And it's super easy to make.  So no matter where you are and what kind of apples you're able to get, try them with this dip!  And I hope you all have a wonderful Reformation Day! :)
Ingredients; Cream Cheese, Brown Sugar, White Sugar, Vanilla, Peanuts

In a mixer bowl add 8 ounces of softened cream cheese, 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (I just do 1 cup unpacked)...

1/4 cup white sugar...

and 1 tsp vanilla

Mix together until nice and smooth

You need 1 cup of crushed peanuts so I just crushed them in a mini food processor (you can also just do the old school put them in a bag and crush them, but I always pop the bag and end up with peanuts all over my counter, so I just use the food processor)



Add the crushed peanuts to the mixer...

And mix until all combined.  And there you have it, that simple

Serve it with your favorite kind of apple and you're good to go!

Apple Dip
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup crushed peanuts

Mix together the first 4 ingredients until smooth.  Add crushed peanuts and stir.  Store in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment