Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Life With the Bussis'- 11.18.15

Well, I'm happy to say I think we are all finally over colds! And now the weather has turned cooler and WINDY! So we spend a lot more time indoors. It makes the nights very long, along with the fact that it gets dark before 6.
So we've been playing a lot of Wii Fit (and Wii Sports, and MarioKart :)). Micah's favorite thing to do on Wii Fit is run. Go figure. You don't even use the balance board. You just hold the remote and run in place. And he would do it all night if we let him :)
 
His brothers like it when he does the running one because they can join in with him

My silly Jonathan, thought he needed more than one hat :)

Lately the twins have found it fun to ride on each other's backs :)
 
We stopped at the orchard last week and I decided to get some baking apples and since it wasn't very nice out, the boys helped me make some applesauce

It's so fun that they can all help with the pealing/coring/slicing process

As you can see, Micah was our supervisor :)
 
Through the night Thursday I was up for around 4 hours, coughing, sitting up downstairs to stop my coughing, and then just as I was ready to fall asleep Micah woke up with a fever and when I got to bed I started coughing again so we had to start the process all over again. :) So Friday morning Micah and I were pretty out of it, so this is how we spent the morning :)

The twins didn't mind as I let them watch the movie Cars which is a little long so they don't get to watch it very often. Thankfully Micah's fever only lasted a day and Jonathan never got it (David had had it earlier in the week). And Friday my Lemongrass oil I had ordered came which helps with coughing (yeah, really wished I had ordered it a day earlier) so I was able to stop coughing and get some sleep.

My Mom sent the twins some pajamas and oh boy, were they excited to have pajamas with fighter jets on them! They call each other Echo and Bravo when they have them on (fighter jets from the Planes movie) and they run around like crazy. Not exactly what you want them to do when you put their pajamas on right before bed, but it's pretty cute. :)

We had a birthday party for a friend of the boys to go to and I of course forgot to get a card :), so I decided to just have the boys color a picture as the card. Micah colored this Thomas picture and I was almost tempted to not give it to the boy...

He did this all by himself! Picked the colors and everything. I was incredibly impressed!

Being silly, they really are little monkeys :)
 
We've been trying to work with Micah on how to spell things and sounds letters make. He's getting pretty good at recognizing sounds and I think he just likes getting to play with the magnets :)

The twins of course also wanted to play with the magnets while I was working with Micah, so I got back out their letter magnets that fit into a bus and then say the sound. They've had lots of fun playing with this again (and fighting over who gets to use the bus :))
 
They continue to love to play with their trains, that was definitely a good investment

David took the opportunity while his brothers were playing trains to get to play with the magnetic bus all by himself :)

I've come to realize that I have the most energy in the morning and dinner is much more enjoyable for me if I didn't spend the hour before standing getting it ready, so I've been trying to make dinner in the morning. This morning I woke up early and couldn't fall back asleep, so I decided to just get going on the day. I was able to finish my Bible study before anyone else woke up and then I got going on making food.

I ended up making tonight's dinner and tomorrow's!! And made double of each so there will be 2 more meals in the freezer!!
 
And I did all the dishes and cleaned up my kitchen!

All before storytime at the library :)
 
They got to make Indian vests for their crafts.
So now I have dinner made, the dishes done, kitchen cleaned, and my blog done. Looks like I get a nap this afternoon!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment