Saturday, October 7, 2017

Fun Food Friday- Wheat Pizza Dough- 10.6.17

It has been a super long time since I have done a Fun Food Friday! But in doing all these TERRAfit challenges I have discovered some yummy healthy recipes, so I want to share them with my teammates and figure while I'm sharing, some of you might enjoy them as well. Just because something is healthy doesn't mean it can't be yummy!
For this recipe the key is to use Whole Wheat Pastry Flour. I didn't even know such a thing existed until I saw a recipe on a blog that called for it, now it's my favorite wheat flour to use. You find it by the specialty flours (and my Walmart doesn't have it, I have to get it at a small grocery store here). Now I will be honest, if I wasn't on a challenge, I would do half wheat, half white flour :), but it still is good with all wheat, especially when you put lots of yummy toppings on top. So here is how I make it and what I like to put on it:
Ingredients: Whole Wheat Pastry Flour, Olive Oil, Honey, Kosher Salt, Yeast

Proof 1/2 Tablespoon yeast in 3/4 cup warm water for 10 minutes

In a mixer bowl add 2 cups wheat flour...

and 1 teaspoon kosher salt

With the mixer on add 3 Tablespoons olive oil...

and 1 Tablespoon honey

Add yeast/water mixture

And mix until all combine

Place in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray

Allow to rise for an hour (will about double in size)

This recipe makes one big pizza or 2 medium pizzas of 4 small pizzas :). I do four small (I pick two of my kids to get wheat crust, and they have yet to realize it's different :)).
I am not a fan of pizza sauce, so how I like to make my pizza is drizzle on some olive oil...

Top with grilled chicken and turkey bacon

Sprinkle on some mozzarella cheese (I find if I put the cheese on top instead of under the toppings, I use less). Bake pizza at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

While the pizza is cooking I combine a little mayo (I found this avocado oil mayo that is made from ingredients I'm able to have on my challenge!)...

With a little honey

To that I add shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and diced avocado (I didn't have so I used guacamole which was also delicious).

When the pizza is done, top it with the salad mixture

Oh boy, it is quite delicious!!!
 
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
3/4 cup warm water
1/2 TBS yeast
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp kosher salt
3 TBS olive oil
1 TBS honey
 
Proof yeast in warm water for 10 minutes. In a mixer bowl add flour and salt. With mixer on add oil and honey, then yeast mixture until dough forms. Place dough in a greased bowl and cover with greased plastic wrap. Allow to rise for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Roll out into crust, top with desired toppings and bake for 8-10 minutes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment