Friday, February 13, 2015

Fun Food Friday- Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Are you a procrastinator and still need a Valentine's Day gift for someone but don't want to go spend a ton of money? How about making them some chocolate covered strawberries? Super simple yet super delicious! And if you live in Michigan strawberries are buy one get one free at Family Fare :). 
 
Ingredients: Strawberries, Almond Bark, Chocolate Chips, and then I had these Ghrardelli white melting wafers so I decided to use them as well

First you need to rinse and pat dry the strawberries

For the chocolate I use the same concoction I use for peanut cluster and cake pops. 6 oz of almond bark...

And a heaping 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Melt them in the microwave (1 minute, stir, then 30 seconds at a time until it's nice and smooth)

Then just start dipping

Let the extra chocolate drip off before you set the strawberry down

Set on wax paper

 
I had quite a few strawberries, more than Steve could eat :), so I decided to put some on skewers to make an arrangement to take to my father-in-laws birthday party :)

You dip these the same way you dip the ones not on a skewer :)

I decided it would be pretty to add some white to the strawberries, so I melted some of the Ghrardelli chocolate but you can also just use some more vanilla almond bark

For some of the strawberries I dipped the bottom half in the white chocolate


Then I put some white chocolate in a baggie and cut the corner...

And drizzled lines on the strawberries
 

 
Since I can't eat chocolate as part of my challenge, Jonathan graciously tested one out for me :). He was a fan!

So for the arrangement I put them in a bowl with red beads
 
To keep them fresh I covered it with cling wrap and put them in my garage (which currently serves as an extra refrigerator :))

And for Steve's I put them in this cute little box.
Happy Valentine's Day!
 
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Strawberries, rinsed and dried
6oz almond bark
1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (heaping 1/2 cup :))
more white chocolate for drizzling
 
Melt the almond bark and chocolate chips in the microwave (1 minute, stir, 30 seconds at a time until all melted). Dip the strawberries in the chocolate mixture. Put on wax paper. When the chocolate is set melt more white chocolate. Dip bottom half in chocolate or put in a sandwich bag, cut the corner and drizzle on the strawberries.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment