Sunday, July 26, 2015

Life with the Bussis'- 7.24.15

We are still alive over here :). I was gone last week to Kentucky leading the music at the Reformed Youth Services national youth convention and then this week has been very busy, hence the absence from our blog. But don't worry, that doesn't mean this is going to be an overflow of pictures, I think I have all of 2 from last week :). A big thing that happened during the past two weeks is we found out for sure that there's only one baby in there! :):
Hello Baby Bussis! What a beautiful sight, for so many reasons :). I have to admit I was getting very nervous the morning of my appointment (as in telling myself to breathe so I didn't hyperventilate :)). My doctor doesn't usually do an early ultrasound but I had decided I was going to sit there and cry until they gave me one. Thankfully it didn't come to that. I mentioned to the nurse that I hoped the doctor would do one so she said she'd ask and before the doctor even came in she had the nurse bring the ultrasound machine in and warm it up so as soon as the doctor came she did an ultrasound! And she confirmed that there was just one beautiful baby in there! And s/he was kicking and waving away at us, so very cute!! And you could see an ear and the nose and mouth. It's incredible how much they are already formed at 13 weeks! Life is beautiful!!!
Micah turned 4 1/2 on July 8 and we happened to get the National Parks Quarter book we had ordered that day, so it made a great Half Birthday present :). My Dad had gotten Micah a State Quarters map and in looking for state quarters we discovered there are also National Park Quarters, so we are now collecting those as well. My wallet is getting very heavy because I keep purposely getting quarters for change and I don't need most of them :). 

My parents came back for a quick weekend because my Dad had a family reunion. The twins were very excited that they were on their way.

As was Micah

David was so excited that when I got home from the grocery store that morning he put his crocs on and climbed into his car seat and said "We go to the airport to get Grandpa and Grandma!" :) Unfortunately for him they were flying into Chicago and driving up and wouldn't be getting to Michigan for a number of hours still. :) I love how excited they get to see my parents!
They finally arrived! We ended up meeting them at a Pizza Hut in Zeeland along with my Grandpa and Uncle and Aunt and cousins. And added bonus, as we were walking out of the Pizza Hut a car rally was starting right down main street so we watched the fun cars go by for awhile.
(I stole this collage from my Mom's facebook page :)). The twins also enjoyed jumping off the big rock while we were watching the car rally (well, at this point we were actually just waiting for it to end so we could get out of the Pizza Hut parking lot :))
The next day we headed to the Conference Grounds to hang out on the beach for the morning. These boys didn't care that the water was freezing
Micah and Daddy (mostly Daddy) made a cool sand castle

We brought lunch to eat at the beach
Such a fun morning.
Early Monday morning my parents dropped me off at the airport and then they headed out East for a week of vacation. And I headed to Kentucky for a week of leading the music at the RYS convention.  Before having the twins I had lead the music 8 years but I decided to retire when I found out I was having twins, knowing it would just be too much. And it definitely would have been. But I was very excited when the director called me a couple of months ago saying the girl who had taken my place was unable to do it this year and asked if I'd be willing to fill in. He didn't have to ask me twice. :) It was so much fun to get to play with these guys again and lead over 700 people in singing praises to our God! Boy can those kids sing!!! It really was a taste of Heaven hearing them all lift their voices up in praise!
And Steve held down the fort back home! And the boys didn't seem to notice that Mommy was gone since they got to have Daddy all to themselves and go to Grandpa and Grandma's house for a few days. :) They were too busy having fun to miss mommy :)

But we were all excited to see each other Saturday morning! Love these guys!!

Jonathan with a mouth full of cookie :)
It was a pretty warm day so we got out the water table.

Micah came up with a great idea of putting his feet in the water to stay cool.
Thankfully he let Mommy and David share his idea, because it definitely felt cooler with your feet wet.
This just made me smile, they love each other! :)
They were excited that they got to spend the night at Grandpa and Grandma's house again while Mommy and Daddy went to Detroit for a Tiger's game!

Eating lunch at a rest stop on our way to Detroit. It was so nice after a busy month of Steve going to Synod and me going to convention to be able to get away for 2 days just the two of us.

Ready to watch the Tigers. And thankfully we ended up at the game that series that they actually won! And they did it in a timely manner, just the way I like it :)

The next day we stopped at a golf course on the way home and Steve golfed and I drove the golf cart. :) I love getting to go with him (as long as I don't have to golf :)) but realized I hadn't gone with him since the twins were born, so it was time.
Lining up his putt :)
It was a beautiful day and a beautiful course!
And the boys had a great time with Grandpa and Grandma! And they didn't even make it 5 minutes down the road on the way home and they were out! :)
And now you're caught up with life over here (and it only took me 3 days to get this blog written :). I better just start next week's blog now :)).

No comments:

Post a Comment