Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Life with the Bussis'- 7.29.15

When the boys stayed at Steve's parents house while I was gone they watched these Monster Truck Adventure videos (if you have young boys, I highly recommend these, you get them at a Bible bookstore or online). We actually have 4 different videos of these (they each have 6 episodes on them) but the boys had forgotten about them and hadn't watched them in a really long time. Well, they got back into them after watching a few episodes at Steve's parents house and oh boy, are we now obsessed with monster trucks. We have 3 toy monster trucks and of course they all fight over the white one. :) And other toys we have have become different characters from the video.
This day David chose to stay inside and play with his monster truck instead of playing outside like every one else. I would go in to check on him every so often and seriously, he never moved from this spot. He just kept laying on the floor playing with his monster truck :)

Jonathan instead chose to be outside and wash his car while Daddy washed the van :)

Just hanging around

And what one does, the other must do too :)


Eating the last of the cupcakes Mommy had made for a shower. They were oh so good :)
 
Speaking of those cupcakes, realize I never put this picture up. I got to make the cupcakes for Steve's cousin's bridal shower and I think they turned out pretty cute :) My new favorite cupcake is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, a French vanilla cake with cookie dough in the middle and chocolate fudge frosting, oh my! :) When I'm feeling up to food blogging again I will definitely have to do one on this cupcake!
 
Steve took Micah miniature golfing one day and I got this picture sent to me, he had gotten a hole-in-one! He thought he was pretty big stuff!

They LOVE playing in their sandbox which is so nice! Notice Jonathan's toy of choice, his Crocs. :) And of course he used it to dump sand all over his head :) Thankfully this sand brushes off really easily!
 
Saturday I got to go get a pedicure with these 2 lovely ladies! Steph (on the left) is actually the one who introduced me to Steve. She lives in Iowa and her family comes to Michigan every summer to visit her husband's family, so they make a stop at our house and us ladies (my friend Kasey is in the middle) go get pedicures (Steve asked me why it's always the ladies that get to go have fun and the husbands watch the kids, I really didn't have a good answer for him, except for that's just how we've done it the last couple of years :)).
 
Us ladies all went to Dordt College together and our husbands all went to Westminster Seminary together, so it's a treat when we all get to spend time together!
 
And we all continue to have children and it's fun to get to see them play together (although here it looks like they're all pretty much doing their own thing :))
 
The kids table at lunch

That was a lot of people in our living room (6 adults, 10 kids). Thanks so much Chris & Steph for making us a stop on your trip (and Zach and Kasey for coming over too!) Can't wait for next year's pedicure!! :)

The twins have had a runny nose for the last week. They still had it on Sunday and I wasn't playing the piano, so I thought it was as good a time as any to try them in church. Amazingly they made it the whole time through church and were actually pretty good (I think it helped that they weren't feeling 100% so David sat on my lap a lot of the sermon). This backpack was pretty full of things to keep them entertained and it did the job. Jonathan thought he could carry it home, but after about 10 seconds realized it was a bit heavy for him :). We tried them again at night but they weren't as good. They found the little cars I had stuck in the backpack (mental note, cars in church are not a good idea because they don't want to just quietly hold them, they want to get down on the floor and make car noises :)). There weren't any other kids in the nursery that night so before the sermon I decided to just let them go down to the nursery so I could actually hear a sermon that day. I figured if they were just playing with cars on the floor anyways, they might as well just play in the nursery :). I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do with them this coming Sunday, if this was just a one time thing because they had runny noses or if I really want to try to have them in church all the time. I feel like this is a big point in my life, like when I decided they're in church for good it will be at least 7 years before I really enjoy sitting in church again. :) Just not sure I'm ready for that yet, I'll let you know next week :)

The last few days have been very hot over here, so we've been finding ways to stay cool. One was playing at the mall :)

This boy (David) loves to jump!

Getting to have lunch at the mall is always a treat!

This silly boy (again, David) thought he needed to sit backwards in his chair to eat :)

I had to take all 3 boys with me to the grocery store this week, this is why I try to not take all 3 boys to the grocery store with me :). Can you just imagine the giggling sounds coming out of these 3 boys :). The grocery store got a lot quieter when we were done

Playing in the pool to stay cool


And then running through the sprinklers to cool off again at night
 
So much fun!
 
And then they got Daddy to join them!

And of course if Daddy was doing it, they thought Mommy should too even thought she didn't have her swimming suit on :) (and yes, Steve definitely instigated that! But I'll be honest, it was so hot it actually felt good to get wet :))

Playing some air hockey

He takes his Wii golf very seriously

He was running around with this bucket like this on his head :), silly Jonathan!

Micah got a 170 in Wii bowling all by himself!! He definitely is better than his mother! :)

But I got snuggles from Jonathan so I don't care :)

David thought Daddy's shoes fit him just fine :)
Oh my silly boys, you make life very fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment