Friday, July 29, 2016

TerraFit Challenge

I'm doing a 21 day TerraFit challenge and I have some time here before I have to leave for the airport to fly home after being at the RYS convention in Springfield, Missouri this week, so I thought I'd share with you about this challenge because one, I have found it so helpful and two, I get points for telling people. :) I did this same challenge last winter except that was a 12 week one. I had awesome results from it, felt great, and then I got pregnant :) (as a side note, I think there were 5 of us who did that challenge that ended up getting pregnant soon after, so if you want a baby, I'm just saying :)). And now all the cute clothes I got after my last challenge no longer fit. And I had this crazy idea at the end of my pregnancy when I was cleaning out our house because we were getting ready to move to give away all my "big" clothes because I didn't want the option of just wearing those again after I had my baby. Well, now I don't have many clothes that fit :) so finally it was time to do something about it so I decided to do the 21 day challenge and I'm so glad I did. In the first 2 weeks I lost 5 pounds and I'm feeling better, eating so much healthier, and feeling stronger. It was tough being at convention this week but I brought my immersion blender with me and would go in the morning to the cafeteria and fill my mug with ice and skim milk, grab a banana and come back to my room and make my protein shake. I ate a lot of salads, grabbed fruit on the way out, and I'm happy to say I never once cheated! I also realized exactly how awful I would have eaten had I not been on the challenge (they had an ice cream machine :)). I even had room in my dorm to do my workouts every day. I've realized it's all about making good decisions and that what this challenge forces me to do which I need. So how the challenge works is you get points for eating healthy foods, eating 4 servings of vegetables, drinking enough water, exercising, doing a daily challenge, eating 6 small meals/snacks a day instead of 3 big, not eating after 8pm, and then you have to deduct points for all the unhealthy food you eat. The winning individual and team at the end get a prize. So if you're looking for something to help you get back on the right track, I highly recommend checking out TerraFit (www.terrafit.com). It's run through DoTerra oils which are also wonderful things :). There's actually a challenge starting on Monday (August 1). It's a little different one. It's called TerraFit Burst and it's 4 weeks and I think they even give you a meal plan. Then there's 12 week challenges starting in August, September and October and there's another 21 day challenge starting September 19. If you have any questions, let me know, I'm happy to talk about it. I'll have to let you know next week how I ended up doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment