Wednesday, August 16, 2017

California 2017 Part 2

The second week we were in California we stayed at a house in Oceanside with my whole family. It was the first time we had all been together in almost 3 years!! Our little family headed down early on Monday so we could go have lunch at Steve and my favorite Mexican Restaurant Lolitas!
This was the first time we took our kids there, I'm not sure they understood the awesomeness of the food :) but it was fun to bring them there.

After lunch we headed to the beach in Carlsbad while we waited to be able to get into the house we were staying at.

The boys had so much fun playing in the water!


Anna loved watching them play in the water

And standing on her head, not sure where she learned that one

They also did some boogie boarding!

David wasn't such a fan of that, so he hung out with Mommy

 
The first night after taking family pictures we celebrated my Mom's birthday with cupcakes!
Photo Credit: Mustard Tree Photography
(having a sister-in-law who is a photographer means you get lots of great pictures of your trip :))

We had so much fun at the house together. The deck was all sand, so it was like a huge sand box for the kids
 
Photo Credit: Mustard Tree Photography

Grandma enjoying her grandkids
Photo Credit: Mustard Tree Photography

Photo Credit: Mustard Tree Photography
 
Photo Credit: Mustard Tree Photography

And then just down a few steps was the water!


My parents got to have all 11 of their grandkids together, such a special time

 

Photo Credit: Mustard Tree Photography

Photo Credit: Mustard Tree Photography

Photo Credit: Mustard Tree Photography

I think this is my favorite picture
Photo Credit: Mustard Tree Photography

Photo Credit: Mustard Tree Photography

Photo Credit: Mustard Tree Photography

This was hilarious (at least I thought so), David wrote his name in the sand and then said "I declare this beach mine!"

So much fun was had she just fell asleep right there on the couch while waiting for lunch to be ready :)

When I went to California with Anna in March she was just getting stranger anxiety and didn't really want much to do with my parents. It was so great this time that she just warmed right up to them

She and "Papa" as she now calls him became good buds

Cousins playing, so fun to see!


We saw some beautiful sunsets

The boys thought it was pretty cool to get to watch the sun set since in Montana they are always in bed before it sets :)

How the boys slept, three across in an extra large queen bed :)

Cuddles with Daddy

The view right outside our bedroom

Hanging out with my boys

And Anna :)

Not a bad view

David loves the movie Toy Story and likes to pretend he's Buzz Lightyear

This was the perfect place to have Buzz "fly"

Steve got a lot of boogie boarding in too

This picture just cracks me up. Jonathan loved having the waves pull him over

The two Geoffrey's (David's middle name is after my dad)


There was a very competitive game of Monopoly one night. I however did not play because years ago (in Oceanside actually) I declared that I would never play Monopoly with my family again. :) And I was reminded watching them play why I made that declaration. But it was highly entertaining just to watch them play.

We saw lots of dolphins swimming by!!
 
Photo Credit: Mustard Tree Photography 

On our way home

Anna got into the whole movie watching on the plane :)

This kid just loves riding on the people movers (he doesn't want to walk on them, just ride :))

Waiting for our next plane in Salt Lake City (it was 10:30 at night, can you tell we're all tired? :))

He was asleep before we even backed away from the gate

She however was holding on strong

But none of them made it the 15 minute drive home from the airport :)
 
We had so much fun in California! Thanks so much Mom and Dad for bringing us all together for this very special time!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post!!! Genuinely loved this kind of post. Although I want much more information on like precious subject matter.
    us postal service address change

    ReplyDelete