Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Week 27




The boys are constantly pulling their pants up.  They are ready for shorts season :)


 
Jonathan: 19.8lb (percentages from Friday- weight:75%; height: 65%; head circumference: 40%)
David: 17.2lb (percentages from Friday- weight: 35%; height: 25% (26"); head circumference: 15%)
 
Both boys had very good 6 month appointments.  The doctor was very happy with their growth and where they are developmentally.  One thing we discovered through the appointment is we don't say their names all that often.  The doctor asked us if they seemed to recognize their name.  I thought about it and realized that a lot of the time we call them "the Bobbies" because that's what Micah calls them. :)  So it was a good reminder to us that we need to use their names more often because we don't want them both thinking their name is Bobby. :)  
The sleep problem has not gone away yet although David isn't waking up in the middle of the night much anymore, just waking up early.  He seems to think he only needs 8 hours of sleep (before he was sleeping 9 1/2 hours) and since mommy needs at least 8 hours of sleep in order to function like a normal human being, unless I go to bed immediately after putting him to bed, I do not function like a normal human being the next day. :) We let him talk and cry in his crib for a little while, but the last couple of days that just has woken his 2 other brothers up early. :)  I know that this too will pass, but in the meantime I'm thinking I need to take up coffee drinking.  But despite waking up early and not always napping well (Monday both boys decided they didn't need an afternoon nap at all), they really have been pretty pleasant especially at night.  They are two happy, sweet boys that bring a lot of joy into our lives. 
I wanted to get a picture of all 3 boys in their shirts my mom got them for Valentine's Day that we were waiting to wear when it got warm out but since it seems like that isn't ever going to happen we decided to just put them over long sleeves.  It's really difficult to get 3 little boys to look at you (even when you're the only one in the room besides them) :).
 



 
Saturday I had a shower for Steve's cousin's fiancée and my mother-in-law asked if I'd make the cake.  There were quite a few people and I wasn't sure if there'd be enough cake so I decided to also make a cupcake bouquet.  They turned out so cute I just had to share (their initials are A & M their last name initial is S so that's what the topper stands for).  
 


 
Steve and I got to go out last night for a Classis Pastor & Spouse event which was so fun.  We went out to dinner and then to the Titanic exhibit.

It was so nice to be able to get out and spend time with my hubby!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment