Friday, March 22, 2013

Fun Food Friday- California Club Pizza

One of my favorite restaurants in California is the California Pizza Kitchen.  I went there quite a bit with my mom and sister and we would always share a California Club Pizza.  Here in Michigan we don't have California Pizza Kitchens, so one day I decided to just make my own California Club Pizza.  I ate this pizza a lot when I was pregnant with the twins.  I had gestational diabetes and I found if I just used a thin pizza crust it wouldn't be too many carbs.  It was usually my Sunday night meal.  I'd put it together before church, set the timer for the oven so it would be all preheated by the time I got home from church, and then pop it in the oven and 10 minutes later, I was eating a delicious dinner! :)  You can make your own crust or just use a premade one.  I really like these Mamma Mary ones.  Anyways, this pizza doesn't use pizza sauce which is a plus for me because I'm not a huge fan of pizza sauce.  You pretty much make a salad which goes on top of the baked pizza.  Okay, enough talk, here's the pizza:
Ingredients: Pizza Crust, Chicken, Bacon, Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, Mayonnaise, Sugar
 
On the pizza crust add cooked, diced chicken...
 
Cut up bacon (I use pre-cooked, you can also use bacon bits)...

And shredded cheese (I use Colby-Jack). 
Bake according to crust instructions.

In a bowl add some Mayonnaise... 
 
and sugar.  It will depend on how big a pizza you are making as to how much mayo and sugar you need.  Just start by adding a little sugar and see how it tastes.

To the mayo mixture add some shredded lettuce... 
 
some diced tomato...

And avocado 

Stir together (see, looks like a salad :))

Place the baked pizza on a plate...

Top with the lettuce mixture...

Cut it up and enjoy....
 
Every...

Last... 
 
Bite...

I'm always so sad when it's all gone. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment