Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Week 48 and Cali Vaca Part 1

 
Jonathan was not so sure at first :)



I don't know what is up with David's smile :)


(David left, Jonathan right)
 
It's hard to believe that the twins are 11 months old now (as of yesterday)!  They are now in the last month of their first year!  I feel like time has flown and yet it's hard to imagine what life was like before them.  They are more and more able to just play with each other and it is just so cute!
We took a vacation to my parents in California and it has been so much fun!  The boys did really well on all our flights.  They didn't sleep as much as we would have thought (or liked) but even with very little naps they did great!  It was so funny because walking through the airport people were like "Oh, they are so cute!" and then I'd say to them "will you still think they are cute if you end up next to us on the plane?"  And do you know what everyone's answer was?  No. :)  But thankfully we ended up with very nice people next to us who didn't seem to mind them.
Here they are waiting to board our flight in Grand Rapids
Steve and I went with my dad and brother to a Dodgers game.  One of my favorite places to go!  The Dodgers did win but we did something that my dad used to never let us do, we left before the game was over, so we didn't see the walk-off.  They won it in the 11th and we had stayed till the end of the 10th, but at that point you just have no idea how much longer it's going to take.  My brother was not very happy with us :). 

My sister, brother-in-law and nephew Caleb came down for part of the time we were there.  We went with them to a park one night.  The twins loved going down the slide


And what they loved even more than that was climbing up the slide!  I think we have some climbers on our hands!  Yikes!

Caleb wasn't too sure about it but Tracie was having fun

The twins fit better in the swing if they were both in it at the same time :)

My dad, brother-in-law and Steve took the motor boat out to the ocean one day so my mom, sister and I decided to have an adventure and pile all the kids (that's 4 car seats) into the Yukon we're borrowing and go out for lunch and to a splash pad at a shopping center.  We went to a Panera Bread and sat outside with worked great for all our kids.  We had a great time.
The twins watching Micah run through the splash pad

My mom and I with all my boys
 
Micah loved running through the splash pad.  He wasn't too sure about it at first so I had to run through it with him, but then he loved it

He also talked Grandma into taking him on the little train that goes through the shopping center.  He's in the red car waving :)

Micah was a huge fan of his cousin Caleb.  It was so cute to see him interact with him.   I also thought it was pretty fun to have Caleb cuddle on my lap since none of my boys are really into that these days.

My brother, sister-in-law and nephew Sanders also came for two days while we were there.  It was the first time in 3 1/2 years that all of my family was together (and that was pre-grandkids).  So it was a very special time to spend together.  And then one afternoon a couple of my aunts and cousins came down to see us all which was so great!  Thank you so much to all of you for coming!  It was so nice to get to see you all have you meet my little guys!

This was so sweet.  My cousin's daughter Elyse was reading to Micah, such a sweetheart! 

More cousin love
 
All 5 cousins playing on the floor.  We had to be careful of Caleb, David liked to crawl on him :)

The twins got very good at going up and down the 2 steps into the living room

Thankfully Grandma has blocks too so Micah and Steve can have fun building things
Steve and I were able to go away for a night with just the two of us.  We stayed in Carlsbad which is a city by the ocean north of San Diego.  We had an absolutely wonderful time.
We spent an afternoon and then the next morning sitting at the beach and Steve got to do something he absolutely loves, boogey board.  He hadn't done it in a while but it's like riding a bike and soon he was riding with the waves. 

At night we went to Oceanside to eat at Ruby's on the pier.  We both love that restaurant and getting to eat on the pier while looking out at the ocean.  On our walk to the end of the pier this pelican was just sitting on the rail, totally not caring about all the people by him.

On our walk back after dinner the sun had just set and the moon was out and it was just such a beautiful sight

I'm so glad that after almost 5 years of marriage I still absolutely love hanging out with this guy! 
 
The next day after some more beach time we went to lunch at Steve's favorite Mexican restaurant from his seminary days, Lolita's Taco Shop.  It was so incredibly yummy!  I had gone there with him once when we were dating, but I forgot how fantastic it was!  We love our Mexican Food!!! :)  Then we headed up to North Los Angeles to go to a taping of Last Man Standing, an ABC comedy staring Tim Allen.  It was so much fun!  It took about 3 1/2 hours to do the filming, but between the filming they had this comedian entertaining the audience who was absolutely hilarious.  Steve and my cheeks hurt from laughing so much.  They don't let you take any cameras in there so I don't have any photos from it, but I did get an autographed photo of Tim Allen for being such a great laugher :). Yikes :)  We're looking forward to when it airs to see it all together and see if we can hear ourselves laughing. :)
(More pictures to come next week!)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you posted an update!!! Been thinking about all of you together in So Cal - what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Glad you got to enjoy some time in Cali!!

    ReplyDelete