Friday, September 27, 2013

Fun Food Friday- Spaghetti Casserole

Another thing I was not a fan of growing up and am still not a fan of is spaghetti.  And it had nothing to do with how my mom made it, I'm just not a big fan of tomato sauce.  I love tomatoes, but spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, lasagna, all things I am not a fan of :).  But I am a fan of the spaghetti casserole my mom would make.  It uses tomato soup and golden mushroom soup which makes for a much better tasting sauce according to me. :)  Plus you can make it ahead of time and then just heat up in the oven.  So if you're like me and aren't a fan of regular spaghetti or you just want to try something different, try this one out.

Ingredients: Ground Beef, Green Pepper, Onion, Spaghetti noodles, Tomato Soup, Golden Mushroom Soup, Creamed Corn, Cheddar Cheese

Cook the pasta in boiling water for about 10 minutes

Dice up some onion...

and green pepper

Cook those while browning a pound of ground beef

When the pasta is done drain it...

And return to the pot

Drain the beef mixture...

And add to the pasta

Then add one can of golden mushroom soup...

One can of tomato soup...

And one can of creamed corn

Mix it all together until its combined

Either place in a 9x13 pan or 2 8x8 pans
(I obviously did the 2 8x8 so I could freeze one :))

Top with shredded cheddar cheese

Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted
 
And there you have it, yummy, creamy, delicious spaghetti casserole


The twins were pretty excited about it too.  Or maybe they were excited about their cups? :)
 
Spaghetti Casserole
12 oz spaghetti noodles
1 pound ground beef
1/2 a medium onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 can golden mushroom soup
1 can tomato soup
1 can creamed corn
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
 
Cook the pasta in boiling water for 10 minutes.  In a large skillet cook the ground beef, onions and pepper until the beef is browned, drain.  Drain the pasta (do not rinse) and return to pot.  Add the beef mixture, soups & corn, stir until all combined.  Place in a greased 9x13 or 2 8x8 pans.  Cover with cheese.  Bake for 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment