Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Life With the Bussis'- 2.12.14

I just got home from a day of running errands.  I left at 10:30 this morning, had 11 stops (and that's including the mall as 1 stop).  I had a lot of things to do :).  Thankfully a lady from church was willing to stay home with my kids so I didn't have to take them in and out of the vehicle 11 times in the freezing cold.  All of this is to tell you that my brain is a little shot, so we'll see how this blog goes.  We didn't do too much this week as it continues to be absolutely freezing over here.  I just heard on the radio this morning that Grand Rapids is 3rd on the list of cities with the most snowfall this year in the entire United States!  That's not really a list I want to be a part of. :)  We did venture out to Grand Rapids on Thursday to go to the Children's Museum.  I had planned on Thursday because when I looked earlier in the week it was the one day it wasn't supposed to snow.  Then Wednesday they changed that to chances of lake effect snow.  So I woke up Thursday to it snowing but decided it didn't seem too bad and we really needed to get out of the house.  So we went and it was like a slip and slide on the highway and Grand Rapids is just a mess with snow everywhere.  But we made it and had a great time. 





 
Micah got to make a snowman puppet
(he stuck the eyes on, thus them being on the bottom half of the face :))
They had a new dentist part in the museum.  Micah was very excited to get to brush someone else's teeth
 
The twins eating some pizza. I can't believe they never tried to climb on the table.  I'm wondering if maybe we could have a little table at our house

Can't play in the kitchen without your apron and oven mit

I think Micah seriously could have played in the kitchen/pizza shop the entire time
 I am so thankful the boys got a membership to the museum for Christmas, it is such a great place to be able to take them.  And we put into practice what we learned at the museum:

Micah is an excellent pizza maker.  Well, he's a cute one at least. :)  He puts all the toppings in the very middle so mommy has to help spread them out a bit.  But I have found he eats the pizza a whole lot more willingly when he helps me make it :)
We had a kids playtime at church on Saturday morning.  I bought 150 ball pit balls to put in our little inflatable pool.  Yeah, that sounds like a lot but it didn't even cover the bottom of the pool :).  But the 6 boys there had a lot of fun throwing all 150 balls all over the fellowship hall.
Here's Micah with one of his church buddies after we put all the balls back in the pool.
Other than that we've just been hanging out at home.  
Doing a lot of wrestling/tackling
 
Micah's getting a lot more bold in his tackling
 
And climbing on things and under things 
 
Micah loves to take pictures of himself on my ipad and then look at them

This picture I think looks so sweet with David looking so lovingly at his brother

And then his brother does that :)
 
Micah came with me to the grocery store which always makes it more fun.  He's always such a jabberbox.  And he loves to ride on the front of the cart.  Always fun to have some one-on-one time.
On a development note, the twins are starting to say a few words which is fun.  And it's kind of funny that they pretty much say the same words.  They can both say mamma, dadda, book, please, all done, uh-oh and David says Ni-ni (for good night) and I think that's it, they do a lot of jabbering in between that we don't understand.  And they definitely understand pretty much everything we say to them.  When Steve says goodbye when he's leaving for work they start blowing him kisses.  And if you say it's time to go they go to where their shoes and coats are.  It's pretty fun watching them grow and hard to believe what it will be like when they're talking a lot.  Never a dull moment over here. 
Okay, my brain is done so I'll just end by saying I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment