Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Life with the Bussis'- 11.19.14

Well this week has consisted of pretty much one the...SNOW!  Oh my goodness, we've had enough snow to satisfy me for the rest of the winter! :)  I can't believe it's only the middle of November!  Hopefully this means that we're just getting our snow early and it will end early and not that we're in for a really long white winter, but I'm afraid that will probably be the case.  One person who does not mind at all is Micah.  He woke up Thursday morning, saw the snow outside, and was bouncing off the walls until we took him out in it. :)  At least someone enjoys it! :)
I believe here Micah is getting a snowball put together to throw at his mother! :)

Getting his sled ready



Pure joy

They have such a nice Daddy to pull them around


Taking a little rest after all the pulling


The twins are pretty big fans of the snow too

Jonathan especially loved throwing snow up at David

We eventually figured out the twins could ride down the little hill without us pulling them :)



Love their faces, makes it almost worth the snow
 
Trying on the knees


Keeping up our Friday night family dessert time tradition.  This past Friday we did skillet cookie ice cream sundaes, they were good! :)
 
Got to have whip cream on your sundae!

He's pretty excited about it
 
David wasn't too sure about it

Jonathan, on the other hand enjoyed every bite:
 

Since we've been stuck inside except for those few occasions when mommy was willing to endure the cold so we could go outside, we have played a lot of Mario Kart on the Wii (racing game).  Micah has actually gotten pretty good, as in about 33% of the time he actually finishes the race (once 11th place crosses the finish line if he's in 12th place it just ends, so that means about 33% of the time he is not last place :)).  And sadly, I must admit, this morning he even beat me on a race, I can't believe it :).  As you can see it takes a lot of concentration to race, both on Micah and David's part :).

Jonathan likes to sit by Mommy and help her

Being stuck inside also means these little guys are a bit mischievous :) Can you tell by David's face that he's not really supposed to be up on that chair? :)
 
But it's also given the boys opportunities to play together and they really have been pretty good about not fighting :)

Here's another time we made it out into the snow.  After the first day going out we realized the twins really needed new mittens.  They had gotten some money from my grandparents for their birthday so I got them some really nice warm fleece-lined mittens from Costco that zip up so they can't easily pull them off :) 

Jonathan going down on his own

David on his own

Micah with his new friend.  I never took the scarf off the snowman and we've gotten at least a foot of snow since this day, I'm thinking I'm not seeing that scarf till next March :)

Jonathan hasn't quite figured out how this whole snow thing works :)  He's got his chair out to lounge in and his golf tee to hit off of.  Sorry kid, wrong season

Saturday morning the boys got their picture taken with Steve's parents and their cousins for a Christmas card.  Unfortunately Jonathan woke up the middle of that night with croup (yeah, I was wondering up and down my driveway at 12:45am trying to get him to breath in the cold air to open up his airways).  So everyone is smiling except him, but he still looks cute :).  We headed over to Qdoba for some lunch afterwards and Micah thought it was pretty fun to sit on the window sill

And of course what one does, the others must do :)

More Cars

Still seriously work :)

Sunday night I stayed home with the boys from church because Jonathan still had croup so I let them watch a movie (I promise, there are times during the day that our TV is not on :)).  Anyways, I thought this was so cute how the twins were sitting together.  Jonathan had spilled my soda on the other couch cushion so they just shared this one :) 

Micah insisted one morning that he needed to "read the newspaper" while he ate breakfast :)

This is what you call "Double Trouble" :)

It was absolutely frigid outside Monday morning but these two did not care, they wanted to go outside and sled.  Silly Michigan boys

Micah saying good morning to my parents

And David

And Jonathan (who refused to smile)

Okay, so I took this picture yesterday morning to show my mom how much snow we had...

And then I took this picture yesterday afternoon to show my mom how much it had snowed in a couple of hours.  Notice you can barely see the firepit or the wall.  And we've gotten even more snow since then!
 
To add a little color to my blog :) I'll leave you with this picture that I find so precious, David just wants to do whatever Daddy does :)

No comments:

Post a Comment