Monday, March 23, 2015

Terrafit 90 Day Challenge

I've shared here and there about how I'm doing a 90 day health challenge which means I'm eating super healthy and exercising, and getting points for it. But I thought I'd share with you more about this challenge that I'm doing. It really has been a great experience. It's hard work, but it's definitely been worth it. Last year I lost 30 pounds but as I headed into the holiday season I didn't behave as well as I should have. I started the new year bummed that I hadn't reached the goal I had set the beginning of last year and I didn't know how to get over the hump I'd hit. Then I saw a friend of mine on facebook talking about this 90 day challenge. I looked into it and thought it would be a good way to get back on track. For the challenge you are part of a team of 5, so I asked my siblings if any of them would be interested in joining me, only one was. :) With the help of our coach we got a team put together and the day I came home from Cancun I stared on this 12 week journey of becoming healthier and stronger. As of today (10 weeks in) I've lost 14 pounds and over 15 inches (you lift weights so along with losing weight you gain a lot of muscle, so it helps to also see how many inches you've lost :)). I have 2 more weeks left, but I really hope to keep up with these healthy habits I've created. So here are the specific details about this challenge:
It's put on by DoTerra which is an essential oils company (I will admit, they are a very clever company because they really promote their products during the challenge, but you don't have to purchase any of them if you don't want to, but if you want maximum points, you'll need to).
Each team is made up of 5 people and each of those 5 individuals pay $25 to participate in the challenge (this money is used for prize money at the end). You compete both as a team and individually.
Each day you can earn a maximum of 100 points:
20 points for eating foods off the healthy list (you get 2 point per serving of healthy food up to 20 points)
10 points for eating 4 servings of vegetables (these also count as your healthy foods)
5 points for eating 6 small meals instead of 3 big meals
5 points for not eating after 8pm
10 points for drinking 64oz of water
20 points for exercising at least 30 minutes (you must be exercising hard enough that you're breathing so hard you can't carry on a conversation while exercising)
10 extra points if you use the TerraFit workout (you can either buy the DVDs for $45, it's 6 DVDs, you do a different workout every day or you can subscribe for around $13/month to stream it).
- you get 2 rest days per week, and on those rest days you get to give yourself 30 points (wither you use the TerraFit workout normally or not)
10 points for using doTERRA's oils (5 points per oil, up to 10 points)
10 points for doing the daily challenge
You also can lose points for eating foods on the unhealthy list. You get -2 points for each serving of unhealthy food and there is no limit to how many negative points you can get.
Then each week you weigh in and you get points for how much you lose.
You can also get bonus points for telling others about the challenge (like what I'm doing here :)).
You get one cheat meal a week where you can eat up to 4 servings of food off the unhealthy list (you come to plan your whole week around when and what you're going to have for that cheat :)).
You record all your points every day on the TerraFit website and they add up all your points for you and keep track of everything.
So there you have it, what I've been up to the past 10 weeks. If you think this is something you might be interested in, they have another challenge starting up on April 6. Registration ends March 30 I believe. You need a coach and I highly recommend mine, she's awesome!! If you have any questions about this or want to know how to sign up, you can message me on facebook or contact me through the contact form on the right side of my blog. And here's a link to all the information on the challenge.
You can even get your whole family in on the fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment