Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Life with the Bussis'- 4.1.15- Trip to California!


This past week the boys and I had the opportunity to go to California for a week. We went back in October for my Grandpa's 90th birthday, but we ended up sick most of the time. So I thought it'd be nice to have a do-over :) and go this time for my Grandma's 90th birthday. Steve wasn't able to go, so it was just me and the boys.
 

All ready to get on the airport in Grand Rapids. They were all so excited to go on an airplane that it took no convincing to get them up at 4:30am.

Sleepy, yet excited

Getting ready to take off

Micah had to sit across the isle and he did such a great job sitting by himself!

Reading up on the safety features of our plane


 
iPads are the best!. It's nice that the twins are small enough that the they can share a seat so we all fit in the row for a movie
 
We've arrived! After some good naps we headed out to dinner. It was so fun to get to eat outside
 
For my challenge that day I had to see how long I could hang from monkey bars so after dinner we headed to a park for me to do that, and my dad decided to join me (I beat him by about 4 seconds I think :))

It's been awhile since we've been on a playground
 
And since this is what it looked like back home this weekend (a friend of mine sent me this picture advising me to just stay in California :),
It was awesome to get to do this:
A trip to the beach!!!
 
I wanted a picture of me with my boys, this was the best we could do :)

Micah's always a sport to give mommy a good picture


Deciding if he wants to touch the freezing cold water

He decided he did :) Grandma, however, did not want to go all in



David could only handle it on his feet for a few seconds


They had fun digging with Grandpa
 



 
Grandpa got sandwiches for everyone for lunch

One happy boy
 
And they even had swings at the beach, these boys kind of beach
 
Out to lunch at Panera Bread, obviously the boys had no interest in taking a picture with mommy :)
Still no interest :)
 
Micah is always ready with a smile

Twice Micah got to go with Grandpa for a bike ride. And both times they ended up at the park.

At another park


This thing seriously almost gave a heart attack every time they decided to climb up it, which was very often. Thankfully they never did slip and fall through


The "racing slide"


And of course, loved the swings

After the park we had to go to Costco for a few things and you can't go to Costco and not get ice cream, especially on a warm day :)

 
The first night we were there we stopped at the grocery store after dinner and my mom and I went in to get a few things. My Dad stayed in the car with the boys and gave them a tour of the parking lot. One of the things in the parking lot was a Mountain Mikes pizza place. And my Dad must have prefaced it with "and next you have MOUNTAIN MIKES!" And so over and over and over all 3 boys would say "and next you have MOUNTAIN MIKES!" So of course we had to actually eat at Mountain Mikes one of the nights we were there :) So here we are enjoying Mountain Mikes!

The twins also enjoyed the games at Mountain Mikes (which they never figured out would probably be more fun if they put money in them :))

After Mountain Mikes we headed back to the park so my Dad and I could play tennis, and after the park, we headed back to Costco so my Dad could get a mocha freeze, and you can't go to Costco without getting ice cream :) and since we were on vacation the boys got to have another ice cream!

Uncle Robert (and Aunt Tracie and Caleb) came Friday night so the boys got to hang out with him while watching some Disney show

 
The boys were dressed cute for my Grandma's birthday party, so I wanted to get a picture of all three (because I've yet to get a picture of all 3 looking at me and smiling). Here were some of my attemps


 
The best I've gotten in the twins 2 1/2 years of life :)

Wanted new pictures of all of them on their own, I think we'll keep Jonathan's current picture :)

They loved getting to check out the cows

Caleb joined in on our picture taking

And on checking out the cows





They do really love each other
(on that note, a cute story. So once my sister came all 3 boys went in the same room. The twins slept on twin air mattresses and when they went in the same room as Micah the beds needed to go next to each other which I think they really liked. One night, in the middle of the night, David woke up crying. I went in and checked on them and he was on top of Jonathan :). So I moved him back to his own bed. Then Jonathan started crying. I said "Jonathan, why are you crying?" And he said "I want David on top of me" :) I guess he liked David right there. I told him that I'd put his blanket on him instead :).)

 
David was the only one who took a cute picture for me :)

We had such a fun time at my Grandma's birthday party. A lot of my uncles, aunts and cousins were able to come for it and it was so nice to get to catch up with them.

Micah was very excited to sing Happy Birthday

Caleb just really wanted to eat the cake :)
 

Actually, I think all the boys were excited for the cake
 
This boy plays so hard, he is always red :)



The boys loved riding the scooters up and down their long driveways
 
These boys can't go a day without giving each other hugs (which often times then turns into tackling :))

Grandma took her boys on a train ride at an outdoor mall


They also had a splash pad there which the boys had fun playing in


More hugs :)

Auntie Tracie reading to them all
 
And we're back at the airport (very early in the morning)



Eating some breakfast on the plane

Playing while we waited for our next plane

My little monkeys

Back home. They all slept really well (as in almost 13 hours!)
We had such a fun time. Thanks so much Mom and Dad for letting us come and showing us such a great time!!!
 
And just so you don't feel too bad for Steve, while we were gone he got to go to Minnesota over the weekend with his parents and sister to visit his brother and sister-in-law and meet our new nephew Koen
 
He had a great time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment