Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Life with the Bussis'- 6.25.14

This is going to be short and sweet because number 1 I realized I don't have many pictures from this past week and number 2, I'm exhausted. :)  Steve had hernia repair surgery yesterday so not only am I playing nurse to him, that also means I have to take care of 3 little guys all by myself all hours of the day. :)  Unfortunately Steve can't lift anything over 20 pounds for a couple of weeks, which means he can't lift our boys.  That includes lifting them up onto the changing table.  I guess I could lift them up there for him and he can then change their diaper :).  It just makes me realize how very thankful I am for all his help with the boys!  I'm also very thankful his surgery went well.  I tell you, I don't know how wives wait through a long extensive surgery for their husband.  His seriously lasted 30 minutes and it was a horrible wait.  But thankfully they were able to do it laparoscopicly so hopefully his recovery won't be too long.  So that's life today and I really can't remember much past yesterday, so I'll let the pictures do that :).
So crazy Michigan, last week Wednesday when I was blogging in the afternoon it was so dark here and pouring and crazy lightening and thunder.  Yeah, this is what we did that night:
Rode our bikes to the ice cream store because it was nice and sunny. Seriously, if you don't like the weather, just wait about 30 minutes, it'll change! :)
Thursday morning I went upstairs quick to put in my contacts and brush my teeth.  When I went upstairs Jonathan was sitting at the picnic table downstairs in the family room looking at books.  When I came downstairs just a few minutes later I looked in the family room and not only was Jonathan not there, neither was the picnic table.  So I turned to my left to look in the kitchen and this is what I found:
Silly boy had moved the picnic table over to the kitchen, climbed up and had my phone and was trying to text!  I don't know why I don't just put my contacts and tooth brush downstairs! :)
This is how the boys sit to get their shoes on :)  Here they are getting their shoes on so we could go meet Steve's sister (who was on her first day of maternity leave) and their cousin Bentley at the mall

They had so much fun playing with Bentley.  We first played on the playground but I could never get all 4 to stay still long enough to take a picture :).  Here we are ready for a ride on the carousal at the mall.  
We even had enough adults that David and Jonathan got to ride too (Steve's mom was able to just work a half day and joined us).  They weren't quite sure about it at first, but once it got going they were pretty big fans
And then they talked Grandma into giving them quarters to ride in the taxi :)  It was a fun time, hopefully we'll be able to do it a few more times this summer!
Steve's brother Dan was in town this past week for work (he lives in Minnesota) so he came over Sunday night after church.  The boys were big fans of playing with Uncle Dan

He was a very good sport as they all attacked him

He didn't let them win all the time :)
 ***Warning: this next one might be a little bit TMI for some of you, but it's a big moment over here and I want to remember it :):
Micah is playing with his train because, wait for it, he finally pooped on the toilet!!!  The doctor told me to be patient with him and that by 3 1/2 he should just do it on his own without me badgering him all the time.  Well, the kid turns 3 1/2 in 2 weeks, so I guess he figured it was time. :)  It probably also had a little bit to do with the fact that we took away his big boy bike and told him he couldn't ride it until he pooped on the toilet :).  Whatever it was, I am thankful to be very close to only having 2 in diapers!
***Okay, TMI section all done :)

One last picture of the boys at snacktime :)  Aren't they just too cute?!?
Okay, kids are napping, my patient is settled in, so it's nap time for this mamma/nurse :)
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment