Friday, April 11, 2014

Fun Food Friday- Breakfast Quesadilla

I love breakfast food!  But I usually have yogurt and granola with a banana for breakfast because #1, I'm trying to be healthy and #2, I don't have a lot of time to make breakfast for myself.  So sometimes I make a really yummy breakfast item for lunch.  This is one of my favorites, breakfast quesadilla.  It's full of flavor and really not hard to make, it's just takes a little time since you have to dice up the green onion, tomato and bacon.  But well worth it.  So if you're a breakfast lover, try this one out!
Ingredients:  Tortilla, Eggs, Bacon (I used turkey bacon), Cheese, Green Onion, Tomato, Avacado

First you need to scramble up some eggs.  I used one whole egg and one egg white.  This helped make it a little more healthy and I don't think I could have fit 2 whole eggs in the medium size tortilla :)

Season your eggs with some salt (and pepper if you like that, I don't :))

Add the bacon while scrambling

All cooked.  I know it doesn't look like a lot of eggs, but trust me, it is plenty

Heat up a griddle pan.  Spray one side of a tortilla with cooking spray...

And then flip it over (this helps make it crispy)

Then to half the tortilla add the eggs...

Some green onion...

Tomato...

And cheese

Pull the other half of the tortilla over the filling and cook for a couple of minutes

Then just flip it over (carefully so the filling doesn't come out) and cook for a couple more minutes on that side

Oh that looks yummy!

Slice it up...

And top with some avocado slices

And then my favorite part, dig in!!!
 
Breakfast Quesadilla
Medium tortilla
2 eggs
shredded cheese
bacon (I used turkey bacon)
green onion, diced
tomato, diced
avocado, sliced
Cooking spray
 
Mix together one whole egg and one egg white.  Pour in a heated skillet, season with salt, and scramble, adding bacon in halfway through.  Spray one side of the tortilla and place spray side down in a heated griddle pan.  On half the tortilla place the eggs & bacon, green onion, tomato and cheese.  Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling.  Heat for 2 minutes.  Flip and heat the other side 2 minutes.  Put on plate, slice and top with avocado slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment