Friday, May 2, 2014

FFF- Ground Beef and Potatoes

Meat and potatoes, a Dutchman's recipe for a good meal. :)  This is a nice, yummy, easy, quick to make meal.  I used ground turkey instead of ground beef because #1 we're trying to be a little healthier and #2 I was out of ground beef in my freezer and ground turkey was on sale and much cheaper than the beef. :)  I think it still tasted great. :)  And we have differences in taste buds in this house as far as green vegies, so that's why some of it has peas & carrots and some has beans.  You can put whatever vegetable you like or have on hand.  Enjoy!

Ingredients: Potatoes, ground beef (or turkey), Cream of Mushroom Soup, Onion, Green Beans, Peas (and I was out of just peas so we did peas & carrots), I also used some steak seasoning and salt & pepper which I didn't put in the picture :)

Dice up the onion (I used half an onion)

To a hot skillet add your meat

I seasoned it with some steak seasoning

Add the onions and cook until the meat is browned
 
Drain
 
In a small bowl mix the soup...

and 1/4 cup of water

Stir together

Wash the potatoes

And cut off the ends. 
Now you need to slice them very thin.  You can use a Mandolin or I have an attachment on my Kitchen Aid Mixer that works great:
I also use this attachment to shred my cheese.  I can shred a 3 pound block of cheese in less than a minute, it's awesome :)  I highly recommend this attachment

Season the potatoes with some salt...

and pepper

Place half of the meat on top of the potatoes

then half of the soup

Then your vegies (like how it's all divided :))

Then just repeat the layers of potatoes, meat, soup (you only put the vegies in the middle, I just put those two beans there so I knew where my peas were :))

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour

It's delicious!
 
Ground Beef and Potatoes
1 pound ground beef (or turkey)
1/2 of an onion, diced
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/4 cup water
4 potatoes, washed and sliced thin (with the skin left on)
Green Beans, Peas, whatever vegetable you want in it
 
Brown the meat with the onions, drain.  Mix together the soup and water.  In a greased casserole dish (11x7) layer 1/2 of potatoes (season with salt and pepper), 1/2 of the meat, 1/2 of the soup, all the vegetables.  Then repeat first 3 layers.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment